Plus, the Rig You’ll Need to Play on a PC
Just coming in a few minutes ago is confirmation of something Steve Lycett hinted at earlier today: Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing will be released via the Steam platform, a PC download service.
Steam will release the game the same day ASR comes out in Europe, on February 26th, according to the company’s listing for the game.
There is no indication of any platform specific exclusives for this particular edition of ASR, nor is there any indication of hopes for downloadable content–something Lycett also hinted at earlier today.
However, we do now know the minimum and recommended requirements PC users will need to play the game. According to Steam:
- OS: Windows XP/Vista. (if running Windows Vista SP1 is recommended)
- Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Pentium 4/Athlon 64 3000+ or equivalent processor
- Memory: 1GB RAM (2GB on Vista)
- Graphics: DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with 256 MB RAM (NVIDIA 7600 or better, ATI X1300 or better)
- DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 6 GB Hard Drive Space
- Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Car
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz or Athlon 64 X2 4200+ or better
- Memory: 1.5GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon HD 3800 series with 512 MB of VRAM or better
- Hard Drive: 7 GB Hard Drive Space
- Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Sound Card
This is the latest information just coming in–lukewarm news for those wanting to play on the PC. You probably won’t get console-exclusive content, but at least you won’t have to buy a physical copy–and perhaps clever coders may be able to program their own characters in.
We’ll continue to keep you on top of matters related ASR here at TSSZ News. We are now less than two weeks away to launch day.