Bringing us ever closer to an open source release
Preview Release 4 boasts tighter controls, better physics, and a host of other new features detailed in the game’s change log:
– What’s new:
* Sonic’s most special moves.
* Smashing system.
* Pushing system.
* Reverse world gravity.
* Damage system.
* Drowning system.
* Giant air bubbles.
* Dropped & magnetic rings.
* Shields with moves.
* Better Sonic physics and 2.5D.
* Many code improvements and minor changes.
Xaklse also stresses that he is looking for help further developing some of SonicGDK’s features:
HELP is needed:
– Full static 3D model of a classic star post, correctly UV mapped and with its textures. Done with any program as long as it can be exported to 3dsmax. Credits will be given, of course.
– Feedback from all of you about gamepad handling; the code is still evolving and without your opinions I can’t make it better.