Some of you must have been excited this week, right?
I was away last week, so this news is as new to me as it is to you. Though if this news is new to you, what on earth have you been doing?
- First Look: Archie Sonic Comics for Late Spring: Tristan takes a look at various Sonic comics, where Sonic is on the hunt for the Death Egg versus another unknown group, and more
- Team Behind “Emerald Ties” SFG Reunites: as the title says, the long-dormant fan game is now back in production
- Seaman headed to the 3DS: the strange virtual pet from the Dreamcast is apparently going to head to the Nintendo 3DS, part of a wider effort by Nintendo to bring other publishers to the handheld
- Sonic Stadium Community Releases Remix Album: with 16 tracks and 45 artists, this community release of Sonic music is certainly worth checking out
- Penders Reveals Dimitri Redesign for Planned Graphic Novel: I, er, am not really sure what to make of this
- Sega Fielding Sonic Generations Music Questions: if you ever wanted to ask a question about the Sonic franchise, now’s your chance
- Capcom, Namco and Sega tease… something: a new crossover fighting game? An RPG? What is going on?
- Archie Sonic Comic Encyclopedia Now Planned for October
- Sonic Heroes Now Available on EU Playstation Store: €9.99 or £7.99
- Sonic Saga #1, Sonic Legacy #2 Covers Revealed: the upcoming compilations are coming, archiving the Flynn era notably
- SouthBird unveils “Super Mario Bros. 3Mix”: the developer of Sonic Epoch returns with an impressive mod on an all-time classic
- Sonic Triple Trouble to JP 3DS eShop Next Month
- Sega Trailer Teases Jet Set Radio Re-Release: totally unexpected, completely awesome. Finally Sega are bringing over a true Dreamcast classic. When? Soon, no doubt
- Sonic 4: Episode II Gameplay Trailer Posted: hot on the heels of the Jet Set Radio tease, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II got its first gameplay trailer of plenty of the stages and enemies you can expect to play through. As for the ‘improvements’ Ken Balough talked about, we’ll have to wait to play the inevitable demo
- Tails Won’t Fly Solo in S4:E2: apparently Tails can’t be played alone, which sucks considering the ties to Sonic CD. He’s still playable in co-op though
- Nagoshi: “The Main Market Will Become Portable Games”: the Sonic Unleashed producer reckons that portable gaming is the future, and the next generation of consoles will move towards more of a niche audience. Do you agree?
- UPDATE: Seven Surprise Sonic 4: Episode II Screenshots: more Sonic 4 screenshots, more analysis. I know we waited for ages on footage, but you can slow down a bit here Sega
- TSSZ Fan Fridays: Aerobian-Angel: another great artist from the community. Make sure to check out Angel’s profile and work
- Sonic 4: Episode II Achievements Revealed: does this intentionally happen? Episode II‘s achievements were leaked in full and, well, there are some interesting plot hints