Poll: 65% Say Sega Investing Too Much in Mobile Gaming

Poll: 65% Say Sega Investing Too Much in Mobile Gaming

by September 3, 2012

Don’t Forget The Core Audience

Upon the rather swift reveal and release of Sega-published Jack Lumber, we received a tip via Twitter from AugieD that noted the title didn’t fare so well on iOS, peaking in sales at just 54th on iPhone and 24th on iPad.

With that in mind, the latest TSSZ @Issue poll asked if you thought Sega was investing too much in the mobile market.  Out of a total 547 votes cast, the majority, 65 percent, seemed to think so.  They voted Yes.  On the other hand, 35 percent of respondents voted no.

It should be interesting to see how much this opinion holds in the coming weeks and months, given Sega’s intent to re-release several classic titles to platforms like XBOX Live and PSN amid expected offerings for iOS, Android, and other mobile devices.

A new poll is now available to vote on.  You can discuss the above poll results in the comments.