Plenty Fixed, But One Major Hurdle Yet to Overcome
On Thursday, a patch for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for Steam was released. It contained numerous fixes to the game, based on voluminous feedback from players.
Sumo Digital executive producer Steve Lycett explained what those fixes are in a post to the Steam Community forums:
So what does the Update address? It’s the following!
1. Stability should be vastly improved.
2. Online matchmaking should work regardless of region.
3. Less dropped connections (unless you actually do have genuine connection issues).
4. Pointer drift in the Launcher resolved.
5. Better support for Direct Input controllers with better automatic control mapping.
6. Time Attack ghost download for top ten players (if they upload one).
7. Time Attack filters should now work correctly (Your Pos, Top Pos, Friend Pos)
8. Removed ‘judder’ for high spec machines and 120Hz monitors
9. Launcher should always… Launch!
We have also added…
1. Steam Voice Chat Enable/Disable option.
2. Steam Voice Chat Push to Talk support (defaults to On!)
3. Steam Voice Chat volume setting.
4. Ability Steam Voice to mute/unmute players in a lobby (highlight them and press L3)
What are we still working on…
1. Alternate render support for cards that don’t support INTZ.
2. VAC support and detection of naughty cheats…
You’ll note one item still in the works: Figuring out how to bring on support for those who don’t have INTZ-enabled video cards. It has been a nagging concern for some prospective players, and one Lycett specifically addressed in his update:
We are literally trying to get this addressed as soon as we can. As soon as we have an initial version we’ll get this on the Beta Branch so we can make sure it’s implemented correctly. I don’t have an exact timeline on this, but it’s liable to be at least a couple of days.
When that fix is made available, we will pass it along.