Portable Edition to be Single Player Only
A fact sheet obtained by TSSZ shows that Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal for the Nintendo 3DS will be a single player affair.
The fact sheet touts the 3DS as 1 player only, as opposed to the up to four player capability of Rise of Lyric on the Wii U. The fact sheet also promotes Shattered Crystal‘s emphasis on exploration-based environments, and StreetPass enabled featured.
We’ve relayed the key bullet points below, followed by the trailer Nintendo released today as part of its online E3 presentation. Thanks to nuzamaki90 and others who have sent this in.
Sonic Boom™: Shattered Crystal is a standalone adventure that shares key characters, events and lore of the Sonic Boom universe with exclusive environments and characters, as well as an emphasis on platforming and puzzles.
In addition to Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, gamers will also be able to take on the role of Sticks, the newest member of the team. She will play an integral role in the story after her best friend Amy gets kidnapped by the ancient villain Lyric.
1. Sticks Joins The Team – Switch between four unique characters, including a new member of the team Sticks with her new boomerang
2. Enerbeam – Multi-purposed device used to fight enemies, traverse the environment and slingshot between the foreground and background areas
3. Exploration-Based Environments – Levels are packed full of secrets, and will open up further for more exploration and replayability as you progress each character’s unique and upgradable moves
4. Stage Variety – Not just a story mode, but boss battles, rival races, special stages and more
5. Nintendo 3DS Features – StreetPass collectibles mini-game