Lately the social media antics of SEGA have been one of much discussion. And it seems SEGA of America wants a little help with that.
A position to be SEGA of America’s Social Media Intern is available. It offers insight into SEGA’s new PR initiative:
Do you spend too much time on your PC? Are you good at the Internets? Do you have an eye for the Photoshops and skills with MS paint? Would you like to help us take over the world?
If you answered Yes to all of the above, and you live in or near Los Angeles, you might be who we’re looking for. We (SEGA of America) are seeking an organized, well-spoken, mostly-normal fan to join our Social Media Team as part of our new initiative to meme up the internet and make Sonic The Hedgehog more fun than it’s ever been. Throughout this process, the Intern would learn and assist with all social media channels, as well as help create original content that we’ll post on a day-to-day basis.
• Assists in the day-to-day running of the Social Media Channels, working directly with the Community Manager. Strong knowledge of Sonic fanbase and lore is a must.
• Works with the Community Manager in leading efforts to oversee, maintain, and grow corporate and brand profiles on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
• Interact closely with the PR and Marketing Team to coordinate and promote content via Social channels.
• Build and implement content calendars based on marketing messaging and goals, and source the assets needed to fulfill them. Oversee creation of content native to social media platforms.
• Build a relationship of trust between the company and the community on every channel, evaluating audience sentiment, responding to community messages, etc.
• Investigate new social and community channels and evaluate their value to the marketing goals.
• Measure and communicate with the team on the impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts.
• Generate engaging content strategy for Sonic, with focus on unique content per social media platform.
• Continuously offer fresh ideas to the team about creative ways to engage with the community beyond the product, capitalizing on current events, trends, holidays, etc.
• Strong knowledge of the Sonic brand and history.
• Expertise with social media tools.
• Willingness to experiment.
• Works well as part of a team.
• Creative, humorous, and able to understand what the internet likes – and what it doesn’t!
• Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into actionable information.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
• Education: High School Degree / Some College
• The ideal candidate is either in-college or has a Bachelor’s Degree, and is looking to make their way in the video game and/or entertainment industry!