Classic Sonic Gameplay In Forces Revealed, Third Character Teased

Classic Sonic Gameplay In Forces Revealed, Third Character Teased

by April 12, 2017 64 comments

New Sonic Forces gameplay, courtesy of a Nintendo Direct. Yes, I know. Green Hill. But hey, we got a teaser of the third character.

1. SoYummy69
    #1 SoYummy69 13 April, 2017, 05:05

Sonic isn’t known for character creation?

Ha! Yeah, maybe if we completely ignore the fanbase. I’m surprised Sega hasn’t capitalized on “_____ the Hedgehog” and “Original character do not steal” yet after all these years.

• *SOS
      *SOS 13 April, 2017, 16:18

I specifically said Sonic GAMES are not known for character creation… thank goodness. I think it should stay that way.

2. Dom Greer
    #2 Dom Greer 13 April, 2017, 08:02

You know it could still be a Hedgehog…. like a different breed of Hedgehog with long ears and shorter spikes!

Introducing “Hedgehog the Sonic”

3. Dom Greer
    #3 Dom Greer 13 April, 2017, 08:30

All jokes aside, I am excited for a new character….

My hope is that he will have some interactions with the other characters, most notably Silver and Blaze!

Silver and Blaze need a third member of their team and I’m not talking about Marine the Raccoon in Ask the Sonic Heroes!

This new character could be that third member!

• RobotHobo64
      RobotHobo64 14 April, 2017, 12:39

I don’t see how Marine is any less of an option, she’s basicly the “Tails” to Blaze’s “Sonic”. And Silver has no real interaction with Blaze and this new character will probably be the same way. Unless this character is specificly fromt he Sol Dimension, Blaze has no “team” just her and Marine. Besides, if you wanted her to have a “team” just have one of the Coconut Crew instead. Ya know? A character that has actually interacted with Blaze in canon and not in an alternate erased timeline that contradicts her origins.

4. Setnaro X
    #4 Setnaro X 13 April, 2017, 09:31

It looks like one of the background characters from Sonic Boom.

5. Bubsy
    #5 Bubsy 13 April, 2017, 12:50

I have like warm feelings to everything being shown so far.

Hedgehog engine sonic – always been solid but prefer adventure gameplay

Classic sonic (generation style) – looks like we are getting more classic sonic with generation physics and level layout. Once again solid gameplay, not terrible like sonic 4, but not as amazing as the classics.

New character- cool, something to get a little excited for but could be hit or miss.

This game will at the very least be a solid installment in the franchise – but probably not a Mario odyssey..

Drag playing it safe which is fine at least we are getting mania and it’s been 6 years since generation. Question is where do they go after this?

6. Adamtre123
    #6 Adamtre123 13 April, 2017, 17:11

Has anybody thought that the character teased at the end could be a future version of sonic? So we have past present and future? Maybe he’s come back in time to help

7. shihe
    #7 shihe 13 April, 2017, 20:50

That secret character is either Antoine or Bubsy!

Not really bothered by GHZ.
    It’s basically classic Sonic’s turf. So if something happens to it, he’s bound to be involved. (Or the other way around).

Really digging the animation. Nice throwback to CD’s jump.
    Wonder if this somehow connects to CD and Generations from Classic’s side (and retcons Sonic 4).

8. TyrantLizardKing
    #8 TyrantLizardKing 13 April, 2017, 21:11

At this point I’m more cautionously optimistic for Forces than anything. It’s very quickly checking off the list of things I didn’t want in a new mainstream title, and that bums me out.

It’s even worse when you see Mania and how many things it’s doing right, probably because it’s made more by fans than anything.

9. SoYummy69
    #9 SoYummy69 13 April, 2017, 22:14

It’s obviously Sally without her vest.

Sorry Amy.

10. shihe
    #10 shihe 14 April, 2017, 00:37

If it is Sally, I’m going to be really excited.
    I only want ONE game about the freedom fighters. I know my inner kid wants one badly too. Even if at some point I got sick of her (enough to quit the comics).

11. Chris
    #11 Chris 14 April, 2017, 00:51

It’s not Sally. With all of the legal mess the comics have cost Sega, do you think they want to put a DiC character who has DVD rights from companies like Shout! and Cookie Jar?

Sally is NOT a Sega character. Ergo, she will never appear in a game.

12. SoYummy69
    #12 SoYummy69 14 April, 2017, 01:40

Make way for either Sully, Selly, Solly or Silly.

13. Hifihedgehog
    #13 Hifihedgehog 14 April, 2017, 17:42

I was gone for a few days and now I see Green Hill Zone… again. At least, they could do Emerald Hill Zone or something to switch things up a bit. I am already underwhelmed and concerned this is going to be a Sonic Generations 2. On the bright side, we will get a better game engine that the modding community can take full advantage of in going forward.

14. Hifihedgehog
    #14 Hifihedgehog 14 April, 2017, 17:44

My quick guesses about the new character: Tails in reincarnated form, Sally Acorn, or Fang the Viper (AKA Nack the Weasel).

15. Axx
    #15 Axx 15 April, 2017, 02:54

Wait so my comment about the character looking like possibly representing you creating your character is gone??? Cuz I was the first to say it here.

Basically I just thought it was a cool idea to make it both a NEW character and UNEXPECTED at the same time.

Do I think it is? Not necessarily. But the idea is cool. XD

16. TenchiBoom
    #16 TenchiBoom 15 April, 2017, 13:43

Well the 10th anniversary gave us Shadow, the 15th gave us Silver, 20th basically brought us Classic Sonic as his own character so it makes sense the 25th gives us a new character.

• AManFromDeclan
      AManFromDeclan 15 April, 2017, 14:17

I don’t know about Classic Sonic being his own character alongside the modern cast (especially since he’s supposed to be younger Sonic), but I guess from now on, whe should get a new character once every five years, while making better use of existing characters.

17. Paramount Piglet
    #17 Paramount Piglet 15 April, 2017, 15:15

Ok guys, I don’t know if this is the actual release date for Archie Sonic, but if it is, this isn’t good: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=903946320

• Hifihedgehog
      Hifihedgehog 15 April, 2017, 21:22

Maybe they are settling out of court with all of the lawsuit leeches like Penders and his cohorts? Once everyone is sufficiently paid and under legally binding contracts forever to leave Archie alone, only then they will continue the comics. I think that currently with people like Aaron Webber and the Interns, they probably hear our concerns like this more directly without the typical corporate firewall. They probably understand full well that should they nix the comics entirely, there would be a backlash the likes of which they never could fully recover from.

18. Vultorus
    #18 Vultorus 16 April, 2017, 12:00

This is all I have to say. “Pictures of NEW friends.”