Early this morning, a listing for Team Sonic Racing on Nintendo Switch was uncovered in Wal-Mart’s online store. The listing’s authenticity has since been corroborated by other community members and, as of this article’s publication, the store link remains active–though we suspect that will not be the case for long.
We know not only the game’s title through the listing, but also significant details about what was, to this point, widely believed to be a racing title–an assumption now confirmed:
Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing as you face-off with friends in intense multiplayer racing. Race together and work together as a team by sharing power-ups and speed boosts. Take control of your racing style – Choose from 3 distinct character types and unlock game changing vehicle customization options to suit your racing style. Speed up. Gear Up Team Racing at Sonic Speed!
- Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
- Team Racing Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
- Performance & Skin Customization Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
- Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
- Various Characters and Classes 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power classes.
Screenshots have also been relayed:
alsoooo higher quality pics pic.twitter.com/cDzZMcugJe
— Ethan (@EthanKame) May 30, 2018
We strongly believe a proper trailer for Team Sonic Racing is imminent, particularly in light of this listing–possibly coming as early as later this morning. Keep checking back with us for more developments, and be sure to follow us on Twitter–where we first broke this story–for the latest details.