Sonic Movie Trailer Released

Sonic Movie Trailer Released

by April 30, 2019 11 comments

It’s finally here.

1. DK Fan
    #1 DK Fan 30 April, 2019, 09:07

I will admit one good thing about the movie Sonic. Ben Schwartz is a pretty decent fit for the voice.

2. Nuzamaki90
    #2 Nuzamaki90 30 April, 2019, 09:56

How in the world did they manage to get everything else right EXCEPT Sonic?

3. Hifihedgehog
    #3 Hifihedgehog 30 April, 2019, 09:59

Um… This is laughably bad. Try to make this realistic while going for extreme plot points at the same time just is so… off. This has Pixels written all over it.

• Hifihedgehog
      Hifihedgehog 30 April, 2019, 10:18

Who in the world is going to buy the tie-in game? I… CAN’T… EVEN. There are so many problems with this, I can’t even begin to list them since I rather not dwell in this quagmire. This movie simply does not exist for me. But among other things, Jim Carrey also, as usual, is over-the-top and overacts and it’s not funny… at… all. His rendition of Robotnik is having me come to profoundly admire true greats like Jim Cunnings, Deem Bristow, and Mike Pollock who can invoke both energy and nuance in their acting.

• Hifihedgehog
        Hifihedgehog 30 April, 2019, 10:31

*Cummings.

• Nuzamaki90
        Nuzamaki90 30 April, 2019, 10:41

There’s a tie in game?

Oh Christ

• Hifihedgehog
          Hifihedgehog 30 April, 2019, 10:44

I am thinking there might since it’s Sonic, after all, but let’s hope not. It would be a new low, lower than mortal minds can conceive even after extended exposure to ’06,Rise of Lyric and Labyrinth.

4. Hifihedgehog
    #4 Hifihedgehog 30 April, 2019, 10:41

Here are some comments from the Nerdist that summarize perfectly what everyone outside of the fanbase is thinking:

“The words ‘Straight to DVD’ come to mind.”

“Straight to the Walmart Discount Bin is in my mind.”

“They apparently didn’t learn from the MARIO Brothers movie! Lol”

“That is such an odd song choice.”

“I feel like this movie is being made solely with the end goal of eventually being an episode of MST3K…”

“It would take at least an hour to break down everything that is wrong with this.”

“Who asked for this? Seriously, that way we know with whom not to be friends. We could even hunt them down and punish them. 😬😬😬”

We warned you, SEGA and Paramount. Why didn’t you listen?!

#5 sonicgalaxy27 30 April, 2019, 13:28

Jim Carrey is fine but Sonic is not. This is a disgrace.

6. G. Robert
    #6 G. Robert 30 April, 2019, 14:10

I’m half blind after watching this trailer. 🙁

I’d rather see Pokemon live-action movie instead.