One step closer was taken toward the long realization of a domestic release for Sonic Team’s Phantasy Star Online 2, the process of which began as early as 2012.
Microsoft, through its XBOX Insider webpage, announced that sign-ups have started for the game’s closed beta. Only US and Canadian players on XBOX One are eligible, though some players outside those regions are attempting to circumvent the restrictions. Windows 10 users are eligible for an early sign-up.
Instructions on how to sign up follow below.
If you haven’t yet, make sure to install the Xbox Insider Hub on your Xbox One or Windows 10 device!
- Navigate to the Store tab on your Xbox One console, or the Microsoft Store app on your Windows 10 device.
- Select Search and look for “Xbox Insider Hub.”
- Select the Xbox Insider Hub and choose “get” or “install.”
Once the app is installed, make sure to register for early sign-up for the game!
- Launch the Xbox Insider Hub on your Xbox One or Windows 10 device.
- From the main dashboard, select Insider Content.
- Under “Games,” select “Phantasy Star Online 2.”
- Select “Join” to register for early sign-up.
When the PSO2 Closed Beta begins, you’ll be notified via Xbox Live message!
We’ll continue to follow developments on PSO2 here.